Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 19, 2016 1:15 AM

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

4 years ago

@Thirsty4Media

yelp now lets see how long it takes ATT to push it out.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MAllow

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

4 years ago

I am still waiting for 6.0 on my LG G3

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

It would be nice to even know where AT&T is in the process. First Verizon and now T-Mobile. I really hope that Sprint doesn't get Marshmallow before AT&T does. 🙂

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Sprint has now too. AT&T is officially last with no update in sight. It's sad they can't keep up with their competition!
MAllow

Scholar

• 

184 Messages

4 years ago

Still waiting for my LG G3 update 😞

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, A Galaxy S6 is my forst forray into the Android world, and am having a hard time wrapping my head around an update being out for 6 months, yet be unavailable to AT&T customers. 

This seems compounded by the unit being a flagship model, one might think to engourage further sales, the update would come out in a timely manner. At this rate AT&T has stalled out about 1/4 to 1/5 of the phones usefull life. And it is  AT&T in particular that is late with this update. Other US carrieres already have provided it to their customers. Terrible performance overall, ATT, please prove me wrong!

-Dan

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

4 years ago

Dont know where you got 6 months from but ok...  Samsung released MM for carrier testing in late january.  In the last few weeks the updates on the other 3 carriers has gone live.  

You cant look at the time google releases android updates as samsung has to build it for there phones and then builds a build for each carrier.  Then the carrier tests it.  

Is ATT behind oh heck yeah.  They should have released MM by now like Tmo has.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.4K Messages

4 years ago

You can't compare Apple to other OS.  If you don't like waiting for android updates you have to chose Nexus devices. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40

I'd honestly love to try a Nexus device myself.  Too bad they've all been so big size wise so far 😒.  I'm good with about a 5.4 - 5.5" screen, so 6" is a bit big for my taste. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

4 years ago

@lcalle

the nexus 6p has a 5.7 inch screen and the nexus 5x has a 5.2 inch display.

lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

Ooooo .... Must've been looking at something else when I saw the 6" screen size then ... Pleasant surprise 😁! Any idea as to the durability of the hardware in the nexus line? Like, how the handsets themselves hold up?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

4 years ago

I have a n4 n5 n6 n5x and n6p and the hardware is really nice.  The 6p is all metal body.

lcalle

Guru

• 

629 Messages

4 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

Good info! Definitely looking like the Nexus line could be a very suitable replacement for my trusty ol' M8 since ATT has decided against directly selling the new M10.  I would love that phone, and I know that the unlocked version is going to compatible with ATT's network.  I'm just disappointed that, in doing that, it's going to lose some capabilities like HDvoice and things like that.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

DITTO....ATT is not a customer satisfied based carrier and i don't believe they ever will be!!

I spoke personally to a At&T rep 2 days ago on speaker phone and I had 2 Phone repair technicians listening with me when the ATT rep was asked by me for an update on the release of marshmallow (while trying to figure out why after 2 yrs of service with them I am STILL not getting all my texts and calls) this guy all of a sudden got stupid and was like uh uh uh yea I am not sure when it will be released and "att does the most testing on the software than any other carrier thats why we are always last to release the update" ....hmmmm ...excuses excuses when it comes to ATT and the reasoning behind anything the customer has issues or questions about. JUST paying for half answers and no resolutions to technical problems is all ATT customers get, as long as they get your mony on time they dont give a crap about ANYTHING ELSE!!