Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 19, 2016 1:15 AM

Android 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 edge

When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Well I don't think thats true because last month I asked about MM on my phone and they told me it was not in there system to get anything yet so I had to wait and so this month I tryed again to ask and then they gave me that information that I just posted, but If I can't get MM soon I guess S 7 will do for me 😉

I really want it on my SG6 phone though because I wanted to test it on that.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

tailgunner9

Scholar

• 

400 Messages

4 years ago

I bet T-Mobile gets there out ahead of AT&T after they get all their Bloatware running in Marshmallow.  So not looking for it too soon.  International versions will get it first Maybe March.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I guess we will see?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Ok.  Samsung has now released Marshmallow to the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.  When will AT&T customers get it?  It's been a ridiculously long time already since Marshmallow was released by Google.  How much longer must we wait?  Come on, AT&T ! ! !

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.1K Messages

4 years ago

That's marshmallow....we have marshmallow ala' AT&T, and will have to wait a couple months. 

(And I'm being optimistic)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Lilybell2

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

4 years ago

@jfgroover wrote:
When will the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge be getting the Marshmallow (6.0) update?

Unfortunately for those of us who would like to know these things, AT&T does not give advance notice of updates. 

Note: If your issue has been resolved, please mark the post that resolved your issue as the solution. Select "Accept as Solution" to help others with the same issue find an answer.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
YeYe1087

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

Be patient. Surely you want them to fully inspect and trial test all that ATT BLOATWARE they have loaded in there first, right? Let me see, no update yet but you can buy an S7 series phone. Maybe it will be done before we have the S18. Another option is to ask Phil-101. He's the man but watch what you say and how you say it. He's so sensitive and caring too. He has lots of badges. They promoted me to tutor. Now I have to update my resume. Have a nice day.
YeYe1087

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 years ago

When do we get it?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

4 years ago

@YeYe1087

when it comes out...  You read the other threads ATT does not release update schedules.  Im surprised we have not seen any samsung devices get updated.  The G4 is about it at this point.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

That's it.  I'm done with AT&T they are so miserably slow with their updates, and opaque about it too, I will NEVER buy another phone thru them.  I'm going with the Nexus where the updates come directly from Google and aren't blocked by AT&T for ridiculously long periods of time.  How the heck do they even stay in business?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

4 years ago

@menkal0s

easy software updates are just that updates.  My s6 edge+ works just fine.  Also sprint seems to be the only one who has updated any other phones besides the note 5 on verizon.  And that note 5 update is riddled with BUGS.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When u guys are going to release marshmallow update for note edge and S6
mvierling

Scholar

• 

115 Messages

4 years ago

They won't tell you until after AT&T releases it.  Historically, AT&T is several months behind on updates.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

My Note Edge is doing a major software update, including app optimization (so it's likely not just a security update). I don't know how big the download was, but I have my fingers crossed. As soon as it's finished optimizing and boots up I'll know what I have....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Nope. Still 5.1.1. 😕