For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Android 4.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy S3!
On July 31, 2013, AT&T and Samsung released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S III (i747). This software package updates the baseband version to I747UCDMG2, and is available for download via Wi-Fi.
Software update includes
- Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- Auto Share Shot with NFC: By setting the camera to "Auto Share Shot" mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- Camera features: Paper artist and best face options.
- AT&T apps: AT&T services, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker; Family Map, Live TV, and SmartWifi have been loaded.
- Other enhancements: Includes calendar, SD Card, and S-Voice enhancements.
What to expect after the update
Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to an SD card, a PC, or using a favorite application (from the Play Store), prior to upgrading the software. For information on backing up and restoring your phone using Samsung Kies, click here.
How to update
Customers will receive an alert and be prompted to download the update, or have the option to initiate the update manually. When prompted, you can postpone the update up to 3 times, and 4 hours per occurrence. After the update has been postponed for the maximum allowable time, your device will automatically download and install the update.
- To initiate the update manually, from the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About device > Software update > Check for updates.
- Tap OK.
- The device will determine if new software is available, and begin downloading the software update. Once complete, the device will restart.
- Please wait until your device reboots completely, and then tap Done to finish.
How to verify the update
- From the home screen, press the Menu key, and then tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About phone. The following information will be displayed:
- Android version: 4.1.2
- Baseband version: I747UCDMG2
- Build number: JZO54K.I747UCDMG2
Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!