For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
meghag's profile

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 6:05 AM

All incoming and out going call stop working after 3G sunset

Hi I have one plus 6T , It support 4G but after 3G sunset , all incoming and out going call stop working. I call customer care but they do't know when it will start working.

Any idea who can help me to make it work again.

My Model is their in this list (A6013)

https:www.att.comidpassetsimagessupportwirelessService-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

the A71 supports wifi calling that won't be an issue.

Not according to the official unlocked device list from AT&T.  That's the only input I have on this.

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Interesting followup to this thread. Partway through this A71 fiasco, I ordered an A52 5g phone - unlocked. I had the same problems with it, and sent it back for a refund. I just picked up a new A52 5g from BestBuy - locked to AT&T - popped in my SIM card, and it worked right away. So it sure appears that AT&T is blocking all unlocked / non-store phones from their network. As far as I know, this is illegal.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

🤦‍♂️Not illegal it would be actually illegal to allow those phones per fcc regulations 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

So it sure appears that AT&T is blocking all unlocked / non-store phones from their network.

@alderon57 That is not true. There are plenty of unlocked phones on the supported phone list. Phones are blocked if not on the list and the reason for not being on the list is not submitted to ATT by the manufacturer for certification. ATT does not just arbitrarily block phones, they block phones that haven’t been certified. The manufacturers decide what models to certify.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

2 years ago

@alderon57 it's the software.If it has the branded AT&T software on the device,it will work.They want you (Edited per community guidelines) up all that bloatware they load on it.Extra revenue for them.

(edited)

• 

290 Messages

2 years ago

@alderon57 @surgex @sandblaster @Constructive 

I won't pretend to be an expert on any of this stuff... but I don't think it has anything to do with certification, or FCC regulations or software updates (unless it's a At&t branded device - seen instances in this forum and elsewhere where customers said an update helped).

If it's a FCC regulation... then how are people who have issues with their VoLTE capable phones with At&t able to go to T-Mobile (assuming the devices have enough matching primary 4G/5G frequency bands)? Would it not make Tmobile in violation of the FCC requirement? Again, should Tmobile have their own whitelist and restrictions by June 30-July 1, I'll stand corrected. 

As far as the certification goes... I have two international phones... neither of which are, or ever were on either whitelist... both 4G/LTE capable and used VoLTE for call functions before the 3G shutdown... one was cutoff of the network just prior to Feb 22... both accounts (one prepaid, the other I'm not certain [family member phone]) have been renewed, with one restarted brand new after Feb 22, since February... and are currently fully functional with the network... after the last proposed final 3G shutdown date deadline of March 31-April 1, even using the HD Voice feature for calls when applicable. 

To my knowledge and understanding, neither device was, or has been certified by the manufacturer (Samsung) to work with At&t (international unlocked phones) ... nor have they received any software updates from the manufacturer or carrier. 

They are just simply GSM only devices. 

And it's not a glitch in the system... or an anomaly... it is the system. 

In particular, it's what IMEI number At&t system sees. If the system sees a IMEI number that it deems compatible... it allows the SIM card to activate all of the features At&t service provides to work on the device... assuming that the device has the built in hardware to support it. 

All the rest, at least until all of the major carriers complete their 3G shutdown, appears to be At&t using the 3G shutdown/5G upgrade and FCC requirement as a cover to remove any device that they don't want to work on their network. 

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster 

As I mentioned elsewhere, both of my non-working phone models are whitelisted on several AT&T-distributed documents.  If this isn't something underhanded, then they were not at all prepared for the switchover.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.