For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
meghag's profile

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022 6:05 AM

All incoming and out going call stop working after 3G sunset

Hi I have one plus 6T , It support 4G but after 3G sunset , all incoming and out going call stop working. I call customer care but they do't know when it will start working.

Any idea who can help me to make it work again.

My Model is their in this list (A6013)

https:www.att.comidpassetsimagessupportwirelessService-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@michael_barnard71 
Do you have a similar solution for an A71 5g?  I have the exact same issue, and ATT has been no help.  It was working up until March 1.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

@alderon57

The 6t is whitelisted, unlocked phone.  It should have worked without fussing . 

The only A71 that is whitelisted is AT&T own branded device. There is no unlocked A71 on AT&T whitelist. 

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas 
My device is an SM-A716U1; which is whitelisted on three ATT documents.  Yet it still doesn't work.  If someone knows otherwise, I'd like to know.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Based on other posts here the U1 isn’t on the list. I’ve never looked at the list so not sure 

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@Constructive 
ATT document - "Service Capabilities for your unlocked device", 3/9/22, Page 4 - Samsung / Galaxy A71 5g (A716U1) - "Capabilities = HD Voice / 5G"
ATT document - "AT&T smartphones that support Wi-Fi calling as of 11/10/21", Page 2 - Samsung / Galaxy A71 5G
ATT document - "These phones will still work on our network after we phase out 3G in Feb 2022", Page 1 (1st item) - Samsung / Galaxy A71 5G (A716U, A716U1)

Either AT&T is lying or woefully misinformed about their own system.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

2 years ago

Your right it's on the March 9 updated list.   

How old is your sim card? And is the phone running up-to-date software?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

2 years ago

The SM-A716U1 is on the unlocked list.  It should work, but it doesn't do Wi-Fi calling.

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

@formerlyknownas 
The SIM card is brand new, and the latest software is due any day now from what I've read elsewhere.
I want to solve this now just on principle.  I used this phone most of last year, and up to March 1st.  They aren't making me buy a new one.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

2 years ago

If it requires a software update, hopefully it will not be long to get it. Unfortunately you go by the provider (if carrier specific) or phone maker (if manufacturer unlocked) on their software release schedule. Not something you can make happen sooner, regardless of principal.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

2 years ago

@JefferMC  the A71 supports wifi calling that won't be an issue.Leave the sim card in it and turned on for a couple of hours.That will give the server time to update and send the OTA to enable the support it needs.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.