Troubleshoot your device issues
mscoralrose's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Nov 12, 2019 9:17 AM

Activating new phone and #, deactivating old phone and #

I want to activate my new phone/phone number, and at the same time deactivate my old phone/phone number. Is there a way i can do this myself, online? The att dude in the store said to bring it in when the new phone was delivered, but it came with a paper indicating i can do it online. Plus I'm impatient and don't want to wait until tomorrow. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

3 y ago

If your old phone is a different number and you want to cancel that number, you need to call. If the new phone is the same number, activating the new SIM card automatically deactivates the old SIM card.

• 

1 Message

I am getting news on my new phone but no calls.  It says "No service".  What do I do next?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

3 y ago

The online activation will activate the existing number.  It won’t replace the temporary number with the one you want, you have to call or go to store.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

@sandblaster thank you! 😊✌️🖤

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

what is the address to send my old phone back? 

i got a new one with assurian insurance.. but i need to send this one back or you will charge me.. i was on phone for 1 hour this morning trying to find out this information! 

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

My Upgrade phone was activated with my old SIM card. After I later found the new SIM card, I put it in the new phone, and returned the old SIM to my old phone. How can I deactivate my old SIM card and use my Upgrade phone?

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Just wondering why my old sim has 5G

And in the new phone, it doesn't...

Anybody know??

Sim works but no 5G

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.