The Samsung Galaxy S24
Dolphinj79's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 11:56 PM

4.4.2 update made my GPS disables

No matter what I've tried my GPS is disabled. I've made sure all settings in location is on and GPS says its disabled when I use my apps. It asks if I'd like to enable it I say yes bit still hasn't worked since the update. I've tried the gps's fix and that doesn't work. Its not communicating with the satalites. I've called at and t , Lg they said they didnt know of any isdues but online its all over the web and I've gotten no help. Im waiting for a replacement phone and i hope it doednt already have the update when i get it. I just got phone May 8th the update was June 11 and my phone worked perfect before June 11. Don't update if you don't have to.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Dolphinj79,

Thank you for your post, please let us know if your replacement phone works ok. What kind of phone do you have btw?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Mentor

• 

46 Messages

10 years ago

I have a gs3 and my GPS had not worked for a month I tried every thing and nothing worked. But I looked on YouTube and found that if you take the cover off the back of your phone and Tighten the slittle screws there are 10 of them you might be able to get your gps to work.it worked for me only one was lose.

Professor

• 

3K Messages

10 years ago

@Dolphinj79 wrote:
No matter what I've tried my GPS is disabled. 

Saying "no matter what I've tried" or similarly "I've tried everything" doesn't tell us a thing.   You need to specifically mention what you tried and what you didn't.

In particular, safe mode or factory reset will often clear up random bugs after an OTA update.  But its impossible to know whether you have tried these or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.