AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4
F

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jan 20, 2021 8:23 PM

3g shutdown, will my Samsung A10s still work on the network with ATT prepaid?

I just got a text from ATT that starting Jan 19,  trying to switch a SIM card betweed my current phone and a device not compatible with the HD voice network will disrupt service.  Then I check the link and it says 3g will shut down and certain phones will no longer work if they don't support at least 4G LTE and HD voice.  I have been using a Samsung Galaxy A10s on ATT prepaid.  When I check the list to see which phones will still work, I see the Galaxy A10e, but can't see the A10s.  Is my phone still going to work on the network?  I just want to make sure, the box says its 4G LTE, so will I still be able to use it on prepadi without disruption?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

2 years ago

By 2/2022 that phone won't work

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I received a similar e-mail.  My phone says LTE, which from what I can tell is a subset of 4G and should work fine after 3G is turned off.  So, maybe it's the HD voice thing??

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

61K Messages

1 year ago

@COEngineer It is definitely the HD Voice thing. The other name for it is Voice Over LTE. In other words without it, no phone calls.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.3K Messages

1 year ago

@COEngineer

Next time you're on a phone call look at your notification bar and see if it says voice over LTE or an H or H+. H or H+ indicates you have dropped to AT&T 3-g service for voice calls

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Yeah, I switched to a google pxel 4a back in March to avoid this problem.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.3K Messages

1 year ago

@franap9291  nice choice! 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

@lizdance40 Thank you for the detailed reply.  I have seen the H/H+ occasionally, especially in low signal areas, like my basement.  So now my understanding is the A10s will continue to work most of the time in most places. 

The e-mail I received said that AT&T would provide me a new phone for free.  Does anyone know what brand/model of phone they would give me?  Is there any reason to get it sooner than later?  My A10s seems to be working fine for now.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.3K Messages

1 year ago

Theemail should have a link to verify your number, and then allow you to choose from a few of at&t's really cheap prepaid phones. 

You must use the email link to select a freebie.  If you don't like the phones that are offered, you're on your own.

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

840 Messages

1 year ago

Yep - AT&T will offer the cheapest they got.  You're not going to see any of the iPhone 12s or Samsung S21s on that list.

akbrian

• 

162 Messages

1 year ago

So what are folks actual getting for "free" to replace their existing working perfectly fine, but not AT&T blessed and "whitelisted", but otherwise still perfectly compatible LTE and VoLTE premium quality phones?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.