HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!
garak0410

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

Fri, Oct 15, 2010 1:28 PM

2.2 Out Now?

I found this article:

http://www.androidauthority.com/index.php/2010/10/15/samsung-galaxy-s-2-2-update-arrives/

Anyone know if it will be pushed out for Captivate? I don't want to waste my "one time in 24 hours" check for an update to find out... 🙂

Responses

Accepted Solution

foxbat121

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

That is for international version of i9000. Not for Captivate.

garak0410

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

10 years ago

But it can only mean it is coming for us very soon!

foxbat121

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@garak0410 wrote:

But it can only mean it is coming for us very soon!

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how much needs to be done for AT&T customization and how long will it take AT&T to test and valid the builds.

In fact, the AT&T ROMs are build separately because of the customization and hardware differences (you can't use the international version of the ROM/kernel directly).

flyerfan25

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

10 years ago

I would assume when it is released it would be downloaded through the Kies Mini they recently added not OTA.  Only reason I can think of why they intrduced the mini.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

It would be nice if AT&T made a statement about the update with a general ETA.

Are we looking before or after the New Year. Also per the Samsung press release, North America well be the second to last region to receicve the update.

skahead

Mentor

• 

73 Messages

10 years ago

I hope this has a GPS fix in it when it does come out.

foxbat121

Master

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

@skahead wrote:

I hope this has a GPS fix in it when it does come out.

Don't hold your breath for it. The i9000 2.2 release doesn't have one.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Already have the 2.2 Froyo update on my captivate. Took about 5 minutes on my laptop and one click. Poof 2.2... Non rooted, stable, fast, and still problem free 2+ months later. Oh and for those of you saying it won be accepted back if I need to return it for anything. 5 minutes and its back to 2.1 factory. Seriously if you wanna wait for At&t to finally send it go ahead. But the track record so far = sept to nov then nov to next year, now its 2011 almost feb and still no "official" eta.... My suggestion Google how to 2.2 captivate. It'll take u like 5 minutes and its step by step, very easy.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Which program did you use?  Where can I find it

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Site I used

You will need a program called Odin... its got links if the how to looks short thats because thats all it takes. 

Sorry here is a better site where the downloads are directly from the site where it was posted... all free btw

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

The file you need for 2.2 froyo on captivate only is called 

I897UCJI6-OCD-REV02-Low-designgears_1_

and to revert back to "factory" 2.1 the file is called

I897UCJF6-final-OCD-REV0

I recommended getting both and saving before you do this. Both will open the Odin3 loader and both use the same steps found on the link. Enjoy!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

thanks you very much for the information.  i am not tech savy at all.  is it easy to get back to 2.1 if i don't like it or the official froyo comes out and i want to update to the official version??

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Also do I lose all my apps or just data?  I have an extra sd card in the phone with my music and pics already.  Are they safe there?  Thanks again for the help

txSMT5600

Scholar

• 

51 Messages

9 years ago

FYI-  It is not an "Official" build.  IF it was official it would be available from AT&T and or Samsung. Samsung is still working on the "Official" build.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

It is not "officially" an att build. Though it was leaked through samsung. You should always back up your data. When I did both instals all I lost were the apps but any paid apps u have u can get back from the market without paing again. It acts like a factory reset. But once I was back up I saw all my pics and music. You only lose whats on the 2g internal mem not the 16g internal. I hope this helped. Oh and if att ever does roll out 2.2 use the factory 2.1 file to go back so you can get it OTA