The Samsung Galaxy S24
atomicpunk's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 21st, 2015 7:19 PM

2015 - Galaxy S5 Update Failed - Can't even get to 4.4.4

Hi,

I know this topic is out there a million times and I've read them all only to never see a happy ending. I'm stuck at the 142mb update which I believe will only get me to 4.4.4 so I can't even dream about 5 at this point. I have wiped the phone completely of photos and other junk that might be taking up space. No go. I've done a factory reset. Still no go. I went to one of the few reamaining Best Buys in my area and they are afraid to touch it and be a part of the dissapointment. Please feel free to bump this if someone managed to crack the code on how ot fix this.  I can't wrap my head around how AT&T can't manage to hire someone with the gracious funding I have supplied them over the years. It's not chump change. If anything, since they have the audacity to charge me almost $50 for an upgrade to a phone that is not technology capable of handling the ever changing environment, can my insurance cover me trading in this phone for one that can work as designed?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @atomicpunk Thanks for posting your concerns. 

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues getting your phone updated. So we can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide the following information:

Your first and last name

Your account or phone number

The IMEI number for the phone

Thanks!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.