Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
highfocus's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 28th, 2019 10:23 PM

Worldwide Virtual Prepaid Calling Card - International Rates

I previously had a Virtual Prepaid Calling card to use for calling from US Mobile phones to Mobile and some Landline phones in GABON (Africa). The previous international calling rates to Gabon Mobiles was around $0.20 - $0.25 per minute, but sometime in 2018 the rates went to $0.40 - $0.67 per minute. I stopped recharging my VirtualPrepaidMinutes card and started using other Pre-paid calling cards.

I am looking back at AT&T Virtual Prepaid calling cards again, but before buying online I want to verify the International call rates to Gabon (landlines) and Gabon (Mobile) phones. Using the Rate Finder at: https://www.virtualprepaidminutes.com/Shopping/Ratefinder.aspx, the Rate deducted per minute of talk time is shown as $0.15 for Dollar-based card to Gabon Republic Mobile and $0.25 for Dollar-based card to Gabon Republic (landline). I would like someone from AT&T Virtual Prepaid business to verify this international calling rates before I make a purchase online for the Worldwide Virtual PrePaid card ($30 card).

Secondly, as I was calling several numbers in Gabon from 2013 - 2018, I noticed that AT&T mis-labeled calls to some cellular phones as landline, resulting in erroneous and inflated costs. Phones in Gabon with 01 or 02 prefix are generally landlines. Phones in Gabon with 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08 prefix are Mobile/Cellular. I would like someone at AT&T Virtual Prepaid to confirm which prefixes in Gabon are identified as Landlines vs Mobile/cellular phones. When I inquired on this back in 2014/2015 and spoke to someone at AT&T, they indicated certain labeling and when I informed them that they were mistaken, they had no means to correct the problem.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.