Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
J

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 6th, 2022 12:05 PM

Why is ATT re-directing all my calls now and refusing to stop when I have spoken with them 3 times and still have till 2/22/22 to upgrade?

After holding for half and hour while driving, their customer service claims they can't stop it, even though they did stop it twice before.  And the supervisor was flip and cold-blooded and just talked over me without listening to a single word, provoking me to anger.  Like I have nothing else to do but shop for a phone that does everything the way I need (already spend tons of hours doing this) and record my 100+ contacts in case they mess up the new one.  My obligations/schedule/deadlines/mother-care deprive me even of sleep.  I consider their treatment both harassment and depriving me of the service I paid in advance for.  They could be interrupting a dire emergency.  They could have just kept texting reminders.  I have reported it to the FCC and will switch to another carrier rather than be mistreated.    No one deserves this.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 years ago

Have you replaced your phone as required? 

No? 

Then this is what you get...

You apparently have a phone which is not capable of operating on their LTE only Voice network. When 3-g shuts down in three weeks you will have no voice calls at all.  

You have apparently asked for an extension more than once and AT&T is given.

Three weeks from now there will be no network for you to get an extension on.

Instead of procrastinating it's time for you to do something. 

Your FCC complaint will be forwarded to AT&T upper management. Someone from AT&T upper management will call you and explain to you that you need to replace your phone. Apparently it's been explained to you several times now, and you still did nothing. 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 years ago

There is no way of AT&T upgrading all their cell towers at every location in the US in one month to appease your reluctance to upgrade your phone. 

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Okay - I'm doing something. I'm switching to Verizon. Better voice quality and no effing nanny-state. I had planned on going into an AT&T store to change my phone this weekend. Not now.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

2 years ago

Verizon is shutdown their 3G network 31 December 2022. AT&T is just ahead of the game. 

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/27/22457255/verizon-att-3g-shutdown-date

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

My calls have already been interrupted twice - no need to keep interrupting. It's become invasive. And drop the "I don't work for AT&T" crap - obvious you do.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

Nope, we don't work for AT&T, we can't drop "the crap" because that's bolted on. 

But we do know that you've been getting these texts and redirects for months and haven't acted to replace your phone.  I understand that you have a hard life.  Imagine how much harder that life would be when your phone no longer works at all.

Could AT&T have done a better job with this?  Probably.  I think so.  But this is the route they've chosen and resistance is futile.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

2 years ago

🤣

Can we all say in unison : "where's our check?"   

Switching to Verizon, that's funny.  Since the day Verizon became a cell phone carrier they have always restricted what they would allow on their Network. To this day they have an IMEI checker, and if your phone does not have band 13 and all of the other required bands,  it won't even activate on the network.

Since most of the phones causing a fuss are made for Asia like Huawei, Xiaomi, etc are the ones At&t is kicking off, you'll be disappointed as they don't include band 13. 

I'm also surprised to find out that T-Mobile is pickier then expected. Some of the phones AT&T has rejected have also been rejected by T-Mobile's IMEI checker.

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone#imeiextender

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

(Edited per community guidelines) you effen AT&T mktg rep. You can't justify breaking in to every call, despite having done so once (should be resolved) and continuing to do so. Go FYS.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Holy crap on a cracker. I effen hate sheeple - and you are them. 

I'm out.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Bye Felicia

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.