Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 2:04 PM

Weak data network connection

Hello,

I purchased the PREPAID unlimited monthly plan on tuesday and since, I have barely no internet connection with this mobile plan. My connection fluctates between 0 K/s and 2 K/s at the maximum and I can't go on the internet and do whatever I want with this.

I would like to know if there is something to do about it ?

Thank you.

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

a month ago

what phone are you using.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

A Huawei Mate 20 pro

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@JulienD Right there is your problem. That phone is no fully supported. You might try and change the APN on the phone as I bet its not setup right as you still should get DATA. Huawei in the US is going to get harder and harder to use since they were declared a national security threat.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

Thank you for your answer. So according to you, one of the only option I have is to change my phone ?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

Have you changed your APN settings? That is the first thing to look at.

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1218306/

• 

6 Messages

I followed the procedure but nothing changed

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

what is the model number of that 20 pro?.. They had 2 models and one was not right for the USA.

• 

6 Messages

I have the LYA-L29

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@JulienD I am out of ideas the specs say it should work. You could try the other sim card slot. But if the APN is right then I have no clue.

• 

6 Messages

I'll go to the store to see what they can do, thank you very much for your time ;)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…