5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
TC62122's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 5th, 2022 8:07 AM

Walmart.com didn't activate my phone

In March I bought a new 5g Motorola one ace phone on sale so I jumped on it because my grandma had paid $250 for the same phone and I liked hers. I still had a working phone so using it wasn't top priority. I had tried to use it and it worked for a day before I quit receiving calls/texts.. turns out someone at Walmart.com shipping didn't scan all correct barcodes and att thought I'd stolen the phone and even deleted my phone number from me and my mom's joint account! After plenty of back and fourth Walmart and att told me I'd have to send it back and get a new activated one sent. Their electronics have a 14 day return policy.. by the time I opened it to find all this out I'm already 10 days into owning it.. I Shipped it anyway and because of slower then normal mail times we've been having by the time it got there it was out of the 14 day bubble they give you. So they gave me back the same stupid phone! Att reactivated my number apologized for the inconvenience and I've just been using my old phone. Now this phone is about to be done for(slow, battery not lasting, cracked screen)  and I'd really love to get some help for the $200 useless paperweight of a cell phone I bought.. is there anyone higher up than customer service representative that I can speak with that can help activate it? I still have the original packaging and the purchase receipt here for proof! Reviews on the Walmart.com site have experiences just like mine and I feel like we've been robbed.. 

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

5 months ago

You need the receipt from Walmart which has an order number or receipt number on it, and then call AT&T with that information.

With that information AT&T can remove the 'point of purchase block' that is on the phone

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.