Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
U

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 8th, 2021 5:47 PM

Very Poor Customer Service

I have tried 6 times to purchase online a prepaid cell phone and 6 times have received a cancelation email. I also personally visited 5 AT&T stores, two associate stores and 3 corporate stores, and all to no avail. I finally purchased a new phone direct from Apple and again tried to purchase just a sim card. AT&T online does not show any open order and yet I cannot order online or in a store port my wife's phone number as the AT&T website will not release her existing order. I have also spent hours on the phone, one time being transferred 4 times to different divisions and finally being told no one can help.  I LOVE AT&T's comment page as the very bottom, "We can't respond directly to survey comments. Please contact us if you have questions." If someone wants to get answers, what more can they do? Seems like I have done everything they have asked me to do and nothing helps. There should be a person to contact when AT&T cancels your order. A problem solver. A CUSTOMER SERVICE person that has the ability to solve customer issues. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I sent the above post and was thinking, a "Communications Company" that I cannot communicate with. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i have been shopping from AT&T and never faced any issues.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

I may be conspiracy minded, but I have read more than one post from AT&T employees posting anonymously on Reddit who say that they get no credit for selling phones or service for prepaid. Meanwhile they have sold an iPhone out of inventory they can't sell to a profitable customer. 

2 suggestions

1.   Do business where you feel appreciated. Cricket is 100% AT&T, and yet it is designed to be prepaid services and they would have been happy to ship you a phone and a SIM card as well as Port your number.   If you do choose to order directly from AT&T, you can't get a SIM card without either buying a phone or a plan, they make it impossible.  Don't know why you had problems with that. 

2.  Best buy or Apple, yes.  Best Buy will sell you a phone and a prepaid plan. You might even get a discount off the phone with activation. Apple will sell you the phone, completely unlocked and carrier free. Neither AT&T or Best Buy will do that.

Welcome to the crazy train. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

I agree with Liz for prepaid options Best Buy is the way to go 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have been shopping from AT&T and never faced any issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.