Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Srpalmer7129's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Jul 13, 2018 6:04 AM

Using account balance early

How can I apply my account balance before my renewal date so that I can use my service on a prepaid mobile hotspot?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

3 years ago

Or the OP has a hotspot device and plan and has used all the data for the month and wants to renew early. If so, you should be able to renew early by changing your plan, even if you select the same plan you already have.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you mean, "how to change the phone plan to one with Hotspot?". You just change your plan and have funds to pay for it 

If you mean you have a phone plan and want to convert to a mifi device, you cannot. 

Data only devices have completely different plans and your balance is not transferable. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question