Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
dialupinternet's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 5th, 2020 12:38 AM

Use of go phone on a pre-paid plan

1.Can I use my $2.00 a day pre-paid plan Go Phone while traveling overseas to make calls to anywhere in the world?

2.Should I have a remaining balance on my $2.00 a dap pre-paid plan Go Phone is that remaining balance refundable should I chose to no longer use this pre-paid plan?

3.Can the balance amount remaining on any AT&T pre-paid plan that is no longer desired to be continued be refunded or transfered to another AT&T plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

1. Nope. at&t prepaid only works in USA, Mexico and Canada

2. No. there are no refunds.

3. Not prepaid. If you switch to postpaid at&t may allow balance as credit on postpaid

(edited)

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

No, Prepaid is a great US or a North America option (on plans that allow use), but does not at the time work abroad like your asking. Full details at att.com/prepaid and look under the international option.

You can request to unlock your phone at att.com/deviceunlock if it meets the outlined requirements (see area for prepaid customers). This would be best solution to travel abroad and get a SIM card with a similar prepay style from the country your traveling to.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.