Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
ushambhavi's profile

1 Message

Monday, May 13th, 2024 7:44 AM

[Urgent] No access to US phone, unable to cancel auto-pay or log into account from abroad!

Hello,

I recently moved out of the US, and need to cancel my AT&T service. In the States, I had a prepaid plan that was configured with auto-pay (each month, a fixed amount would be deducted from my bank). However, now that I am not in the country anymore, I am unable to cancel auto-pay.

It has been a while since I logged in to my account, so I attempted to reset my password after realizing I didn't remember it. However, the 2FA code for login verification goes to my US number, which, like I mentioned, I do not have access to anymore. I am unable to suppress the 2FA. I am also unable to request for the code to be sent via email instead. I then tried a variety of passwords with the hope that one of them may be correct - alas, they were not, and my account has now been locked. As a result, I am unable to log into my account at all. 

I have tried a few ways to receive assistance. However, I cannot use the "Chat" support feature, as it requires me to have a US number to request help. I also cannot use the "Call" support feature, as the international number provided continues to remain out of service for me. I have been struggling with this issue for a while and have received no real support thus far. I do not want to continue losing money each month, and need this issue resolved as soon as possible. Any assistance from the community or AT&T team is deeply, deeply appreciated!

(Lastly, is there an AT&T email address that I can write to so I can speak to an actual human for help?)

Thank you! 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 month ago

There is no AT&T team here. This is a customer populated forum. The only response you'll get from AT&T is to use the official channels to contact them which you will find at the bottom of this website in the contact us link. Things which I'm sure you have already tried.  

AT&T does not use an email address for contact, therefore there is no email address. 

The phone number and chat link isn't going to do you any good because you can't authenticate account ownership since you decided to reset your PIN code, and locked yourself out 

Since you will not be able to authenticate ownership of the account, simplest way to cancel is to stop payment with your financial institution. 

Just an FYI to anyone else who reads this. Canceling your prepaid services very simple, but it has to be done before you leave the USA. You log into your online account, you will no doubt receive a two-factor authentication text with a code to access your account. Once you're in your online account you turn the switch for auto pay to the off position.  Prepaid service then cancels on its own There's no penalty other than lack of service

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.