Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
jimmyinoz's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, December 1st, 2022 3:56 AM

Trying to port out whilst overseas

I any of you have had the misfortune to try to obtain a port out pin (transfer your mobile number to another provider) whilst overseas forget it. Unless you had the wisdom to buy a global roaming data pack/talk text beforehand.   There isn't a way I could find of doing this without being connected to AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

2 months ago

You posted an AT&T prepaid. Prepaid service uses the security pin you set up when you started your account. 

The port pin is for postpaid Consumer accounts only. Prepaid you need your account number and you should know your security PIN code.

Something tells me you should have asked questions and planned ahead before leaving the United States. AT&T prepaid has very limited roaming outside of the USA, and the cost is considerable. 

The process of porting out to another US carrier would require someone else do the work for you in the USA. They won't be able to access your account without the SIM card to receive pin by text message, or all for account number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.