Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Pecksand's profile

9 Messages

Saturday, December 9th, 2023 6:27 PM

Service has been suspended twice on a prepaid phone

Why is the service on my phone being suspended all of a sudden. I have been with att for 5 or more years on prepaid service. In the last 2 weeks my service has been suspended twice and I am doing nothing different on phone. I pay the bill the same way and use the srvice the same way nothing has changed on my end. I call and the people I talk to can't give me a specific reason just talk about spam and fraud which I am doing none of. Att direct message me and that went absolutely no where. Im sorry att i have never had to keep a balance on this account for it to stay active. I pay a flat fee every month and it is good till next month. I hate to leave att but this is getting ridiculous.  The prepaid amount is paid and nothing owed. Matter of fact both times it got suspended was while it was in the drawer charging. Can anyone help explain why this would suddenly be happening. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

AT&T prepaid does not suspend for non-payment.

So the only reason AT&T prepaid suspends is if there is a problem with the phone.  Either the phone is not compatible with AT&T service, or the phone has been reported as a lost or stolen device. Or you have purchased a brand new phone that was not scanned out properly and there is a point of purchase error.

Is the phone saying blocked from network? That would indicate the phone has been reported as lost or stolen.  If you are the original purchaser of the phone from a valid source like directly from AT&T, Best buy, or the manufacturer, it could be someone is trying to blacklist a phone and reporting the wrong IMEI

9 Messages

3 months ago

No the phone never says it's blocked. It just doesn't load anything like web pages, email or anything  that requires data. Will not send text etc.  So I will call the 611 and that's when they say it has been suspended and they reactivate it. I have had this service for over 5 years and I am still basically doing everything the same way I have done for the past 5 years. 

9 Messages

3 months ago

They never say anything about the phone has been reported. I have been using this phone for a little over a year. Thanks for replying 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

So your complaints are related to data... Are you still able to make and receive phone calls?  

If you're still able to make and receive phone calls your phone line is not suspended, the phone is not blocked. There's just something going on with data.  

If your phone is completely disabled on cellular and the only access you have is You can use data over Wi-Fi but no calls and no texts work, then something is going on with your phone.  

If it is only data that is suspended, did you ask why would my data be suspended?  If you have a limited prepaid plan have you used up all of your data?  

If all service including calls are disabled, Did you ask how the phone service is being suspended?

Again prepaid doesn't get suspended for just any reason.  

If it's being repeatedly suspended, The first thing you should do is look at your phone to see if there's any notifications on the phone. If the phone is blocked from network it will say so in the top notification bar. Blocked from network indicates the phone has been reported as lost or stolen.  

9 Messages

3 months ago

The phone does not have data. Does not send or recieve text, will not make phone calls except to the 611 number. So I call 611 and they say the phone has been suspended but they reactivate it and do not tell me a specific reason why it is being suspended. 

9 Messages

3 months ago

I have the unlimited everything plan. Forgot to put that in. Sorry

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

3 months ago

If it happens again please pay close intention to any notifications on the screen. You're looking for blocked from network or SIM not supported or point of purchase error

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.