Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
akhtar's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, May 7th, 2022 6:54 AM

Service got Cancelled due to lack of ungraded phone device

I am new in the US and I have purchased a one-year prepaid AT&T plan (SIM only). I have brought a phone device from my home country but I have received a message couple of weeks ago from 11112000 that I should upgrade my phone otherwise AT&T will cancel my service. So I visited to purchase a new upgraded phone at the AT&T store in Davis, CA but they told me that I should buy a phone somewhere else because the phones we have for the fresh or new purchase/customers and are not for the existing customers. Today at&t canceled my service. So what should I do? As I already made a payment for one of the services.

If the AT&T store is not helping in this issue then where I should purchase AT&T approved upgraded mobile so that they may not suspend my service again.  Lastly, why AT&T does not provide a phone device purchase option at their stores to their existing customers for their old AT&T sim number? 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

So you knew you had to purchase a new phone, but because you went to a store and they told you they couldn't provide you with a new phone you just let it go?

You do know that there are all kinds of places you can buy a new phone. You could have walked into Best Buy, Walmart, Target and purchase a new AT&T phone and moved your sim card over

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

I don't know what store you went into. But AT&T stores do sell to existing customers.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.