Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
D

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 8th, 2021 4:26 AM

Renew prepaid service before the due date

I have a prepaid plan and I used my high-speed data.

Now I want to renew the plan so the counter for the high-speed data will reset.

From other topics, it looks like there should be a Change Plan menu, but I don't see it anywhere.

Am I right ATT is limiting the internet to force customers to purchase an ultimately expensive 1/3 Gb add-ons? In 2020?!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

So turn autopay off, if needed, change to a different plan, then change again to the 15GB plan, then pay for it. 

Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

3 years ago

This isn't a home phone issue, moving to the wireless forum. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Am I right ATT is limiting the internet to force customers to purchase an ultimately expensive 1/3 Gb add-ons? In 2020?

No, you aren’t right. You used up your data allotment, how is that limiting the internet? Yes, you can force your plan to renew by doing a plan change, even if you pick the same plan, provided your plan isn’t grandfathered. I have no idea why you can’t find the plan change option. What plan do you have? I thought the 1/3GB add ons only applied to the 8GB plan. If that’s the plan you have, you should switch to the new 15GB plan.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have $40/15gb plan

There is no menu Change plan. But there is a Plans menu with the list of all plans. Under each plan there is a button Change plan, but there is no such button for my current plan. So I can't change the plan to the same one.

p.s. sure, there is an internet after 15gb, but 128kbps is not an internet

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.