Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
douglas9x's profile

• 

18 Messages

Wednesday, December 21st, 2022 1:17 PM

Registering Account Online/Lost account number

Purchased a phone at Wal Mart, then went to an AT & T store to activate phone. Paid an activation fee plus one year of prepaid service. Gave phone and AT & T paper work (receipt) to friend....

When i tried to register phone online was asked to provide account number. Unfortunately friend lost paper work. When activating and purchasing pre paid service provided an email address and used a credit card. 

What recourse do i have to register phone online to make payments etc.....Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

You do not need to register, you already have an online prepaid account.

You should be logging into the pay go online website with your 10-digit phone number and the password and pin code created at the time you paid for service. If you do not remember selecting a password or a pin code you can select forgot password and it will be reset via your phone's text messages

Since you paid for an entire year of service you won't need to do much for 12 months.

https://www.paygonline.com/websc/loginPage.html

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for reply.....

However when requesting temporary password...apparently they just send to phone...and not to "email on file". Remember verifying my email when purchase made...guess will have to have the phone in my possession before i can register....No email received.....

Called support advised they do not send temporary passwords to emails...only text....Will have have phone in my possession to register account.

A temporary password will be sent in a text and to the email on file (on file for at least 30 days).

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

@douglas9x

Re read my post... 

Purchased a phone at Wal Mart, then went to an AT & T store to activate phone. Paid an activation fee plus one year of prepaid service.

Again, you DO NOT REGISTER A PREPAID ACCOUNT.  The process of creating online access is for postpaid users who will use the Myatt application.

Your prepaid account was created for you on the pay go online website. You log in with your 10-digit phone number

However when requesting temporary password...apparently they just send to phone...and not to "email on file". Remember verifying my email when purchase made...guess will have to have the phone in my possession before i can register....No email received.....

100% yes. 

Everything involved with your prepaid account will go through your phone as a text message, or a phone call.

Your email for verification and notification purposes only.  

I am a little puzzled why you opened an account and paid for a full Year's worth of service but don't have the phone.  🤔

Called support advised they do not send temporary passwords to emails...only text....

Correct. 

Will have have phone in my possession to register account.

No.  🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Your pay go online account has already been created for you during the process of activating your phone on the $300 plan.  

Done.  

You cannot create an access ID for postpaid when you have signed up for prepaid service.  

• 

18 Messages

1 year ago

Phone was gift...nothing nefarious

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

Wasn't suggesting it was anything nefarious. If you've given someone else the phone and paid for a year of service, they're the only one who can access the online account.  The phone is required every single time.  

And if you've paid for a year of service ($300 plan lasts 30 x 12) literally nothing needs to be done for 360 days.  Set a reminder in your calendar. 

In fact you might want to let the person who has the phone know that if he goes fishing around in the pay go online website and changes the plan by accident the rest of the $300 one year plan is gone.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.