Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
S

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 5, 2020 2:36 AM

Refund for useless data service

Hello,

I was on a temporary visit to Austin, Texas but ended up having to stay for 4 months. I used AT&T prepaid with a $75 Unlimited plan + $15 East Asia Calling Addon for all those 4 months. I had a really poor data service which caused me a lot of pain during my stay. So I explained the issue to ATT customer support. They tried fixing the issue technically, but nothing worked and I was still not able to use my data properly. They made me wait for several days saying they will first try to fix the problem technically. But they did not even bother calling back. So I was understandably (Edited per community guidelines) and called them again and demanded a refund for the last two months. After a long conversation with me and my manager at work, they agreed to refund 2 months worth of payment in 2 business days. But again, no callback or refund. I called again and the agent confirmed all my details and told me it will be done in 2 business days. Guess what, no callback or refund.

I came back to my country a few days ago and don't have access to my AT&T messages any longer. But I did not even receive any kind of confirmation on my mail or messages about my refund when I was in the US (Yes my mail id is correct in the ATT account portal and the agent confirmed it too).

How do I proceed? I believe they are just bluffing when they say they will process the refund!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.5K Messages

a month ago

Yes, they were bluffing. Prepaid does not refund. I’d say you are wasting your time pursuing it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

But isn't that unethical? Why would they say they would refund if they have no intension of doing it?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

It may be unethical for them to lie to you to get you off the phone, but you persisted in something that you have no right to get.

Prepaid is like purchasing soda out of a vending machine you give the money you get service. If the service didn't work for you it was up to you to change to a different service provider. You didn't do that for four months.

AT&T prepaid policy is absolutely no refunds or prorations.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question