Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
K

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Feb 29, 2020 2:07 AM

Recover phone number

My husband had, I think it was a GoPhone, for ~6 months, and he had added the sim card to his iPhone (11 Pro) from TMobile (so he had a dual sim: AT&T Prepaid number for work and TMobile personal number). He had set the payments to autopay.

Then he took that sim card out and switched to a new Xfinity sim card for the work line (they offered better reception for him at work). The problem is, months later we are still paying the $55 a month for automatic payments, but he is no longer using the line and we no longer have access to the account to stop the payments because we don't remember what his phone number was. I deleted that number from his contact info in my phone because the amount of phone numbers I had for him was getting unwieldy. I'm not sure if he still has the sim card either (and even if he does, it'll probably be impossible to find...)

So, we tried to call AT&T Prepaid to get them to stop the payments, but they couldn't access his information without the phone number. I tried to get our bank to block the payments, but they can't because it is being charged to our debit card.

I know it's unlikely, but has anyone else lost their number and found a way to gain access to their account again?

At this point, I'm thinking our only option is to cancel the debit card and order a new one, but man is that a pain...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

2 y ago

No, there is no way to access the account without knowing the number. Sounds like cancelling the debit card is your only choice.

• 

2 Messages

Thanks for the response!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.