Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
N

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Mar 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Reaching Customer Service using AT&T Prepaid while abroad

I had to come back to my home country because of the COVID-19 pandemic and completely forgot to deal with my AT&T account before I left. I tried using the website but it wouldn't open my account due to my being abroad Even using VPN didn't help my situation because it kept giving various errors whether it be a login later error or login info is not a correct error. I also cannot reset my password because I cannot receive texts from my phone right now and that's how AT&T is choosing to send the temporary password. Also, I currently do not have an international add-on to my plan and I was wondering if I can still contact the customer service listed as such:

From outside the U.S.: Call +1.314.925.6925 anytime. It's a free call from your AT&T wireless phone.

Would it be free regardless of me not having the international add-on? Are there any other suggestions that I can use to reset my password? Or is the system just glitching even though my password is correct because I am abroad?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.5K Messages

2 y ago

Account access is blocked from most locations abroad, resetting the password won’t help but no, there is no alternative to getting the text. I’m surprised it’s not working via VPN. If the VPN is US based, it should work. The international support number is only free from an ATT mobile number. If you have service and can call that number, it will be free with or without the add-on. You would pay international long distance from any other number.

• 

2 Messages

Thank you for replying but I just tried calling using my ATT number however there is no service in the country that I am in right now. So currently I have no way of reaching the ATT customer service whatsoever. Is there an online chat email adress that I can use for this purpose?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

53.5K Messages

There is no email, ATT does not do email support. Chat support is generally not available to prepaid but maybe they are allowing that now. Click the “contact us” link at the bottom. If chat is available to you, you should see a link.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.