5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
janicebaker13's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 10th, 2022 6:53 AM

prepaid

I have a prepaid sim for when I am in the US. I'm currently outside the US and can't access my account online as a code is sent to the US number which is not in use whilst I am travelling. How can I have the code sent to my email address so that I can access my account to make changes?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

3 months ago

No your code cannot be sent to an email.  It's text only. 

Any changes to your account should have been made before you left the United States.

If you use a US VPN and know your alphanumeric password, you might be able to login.  If it requires a text code, or if you try to change your password you will be locked out.

+1.408.962.1025 is the number for prepaid Travelers. I would suggest you use a virtual number so that you don't rack off a large Long Distance Bill.

Just an FYI for the future, AT&T prepaid does not roam in most places outside the United States. There are also a handful of countries which do not allow Wi-Fi calling. It is likely you are in one of those countries.

China, Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Pakistan, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.3K Messages

3 months ago

Prepaid account access is purposely blocked from many locations abroad so even if you had an alphanumeric password set or were able to receive the code, no guarantee you could login. As noted above, a VPN might help. Otherwise, call the international support number to make changes. FYI, pay per use plans are no longer available.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.