Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
A

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Nov 29, 2020 11:03 PM

Prepaid to postpaid migration time

I would like to switch from postpaid to prepaid. The customer agent is saying it would take 1-2 months billing time for migration. Any experiences and how long would that take 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Whoever told you that is wrong. You must go to an ATT corporate store to move a line from postpaid to prepaid. It is done the same day.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

That was told by customer agent of att. Anyways thank you.!! Let me go to the store and check with them..

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Perhaps they didn’t understand your question. Are you a new customer? If so, they might not allow a move to prepaid right away, perhaps that is where 1-2 months came from.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Am an existing prepaid customer and they do know that. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Your subject says prepaid to postpaid but your first post said “I would like to switch from postpaid to prepaid”, which is it? Either way, it still must be done in a corporate store. Moving to postpaid will require a credit check but it still is done the same day.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Oh sorry that was a typo.. from prepaid to postpaid. 

Get started...

Ask a new question