Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
5405825684N's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Aug 5, 2022 7:19 PM

prepaid to postpaid keeping same phone number

I have spent hours in the last 2 days trying to switch from my prepaid flip phone to a postpaid plan for my iPhone, AND keep my same number.  Calls with two AT&T people have told me that they can do this, but first I have to have an unprogrammed phone, which I have purchased. Today I called back to do this and was" told no, no they can't do it."  I'd have to go to the store.  I had already gone there and they said, "no, no we can't do that."  During this morning's conversation, the AT&T guy connected with the store, while I was on the line.  Store employee said he had tried to do this a couple times and "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't."  if it doesn't there's no solution except get a different phone number. Any ideas?.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

2 m مضت

Moving a number from prepaid to postpaid can only be done in store, preferably a corporate store. The only reason for it to "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t." is getting someone who knows what they are doing.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.