Get our NEW Unlimited MAX plan with 25GB hotspot data, 5G access, 100GB cloud storage, and more for $55/mo.!
R

• 

2 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2021 2:49 PM

PrePaid Sim

I purchased a prepaid sim from the online $300/year deal.  I received the sim card, but it won't activate.  I spent 2 hours at an ATT corporate store where they gave up and said I need to cancel the port process and restart.  When I contact the port department number (888) 898- 7685, it is an automated tree that takes me to activate my device where I enter my phone number and then it tells me it can't find my account.  When I go to att.com/port, it says my number was successfully ported. 

I was only charged for the sim card delivery on my CC statement and not the $300 prepaid.  I'm assuming this is the ultimate issue.  With the ATT store rep, when we would get through to someone to process the payment, they said my account didn't exist yet.  This is the craziest run around and there is no one that seems able to help.  If I lose my cell number through this process I'm going to be quite upset. (Edited per community guidelines)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

I was only charged for the sim card delivery on my CC statement and not the $300 prepaid.  I'm assuming this is the ultimate issue

No, that’s not the issue. Your account doesn’t exist until the SIM card is activated, hence you aren’t charged until the SIM card is activated. Your issue is the number port. I wish I could tell you the fix as your complaint is seen often. The only fix I’ve seen is finally reaching someone in the porting department that can complete the port and get the SIM card activated. Finding that person appears to be difficult. If need be, file an FCC or BBB complaint.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the response.  I’ve mapped out the customer service tree responses and where it gets me, and there doesn’t seem to be an option to get a person in the porting department.  If I get a customer service rep through a different angle, they forward me to the tree that doesn’t recognize my number and hangs up on me.  Amazing a company could be this bad at helping a customer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.