Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

New Member


1 Message

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 11:54 PM

Porting AT&T landline to and existing AT&TPrePaid cell

How do I port a AT&T landline to an existing AT&T prepaid cell account?



ACE - Sage


81.5K Messages

2 months ago

 See "How" below.

You cannot Port a number of any kind over the top of an existing phone number.   Each phone number is an individual identity kind of like your name and social security number only applies to you.

You will have to Port the landline number to its own account and SIM card. If you choose to replace or cancel the cell phone number that you have been using and use the landline number instead, you simply stop paying for your prepaid number and continue paying for the new account with your old landline number on it.

To Port your landline number, is the same as porting any number. You need the account number from your landline account and your security pin which may be the last four digits of your Social Security number. Then you take those numbers to an AT&T store and ask them to Port your landline number to a prepaid sim card. AT&T complete the process from there which will cancel your landline service.

As I've described above if you choose to discontinue the use of the cell phone number that you previously had established you simply stop paying for that account by turning off auto-pay in your prepaid account..

AT&T will establish a brand new account with your old landline number on your new SIM card and you can replace the SIM card in your phone.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question