Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
stenz's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 10th, 2022 4:32 PM

Phone number deactivated due to inactivity?

Tho whom it may concern,

I've signed up for a AT&T Prepaid Auto Pay for 50$ a month like 3 years ago. Haven't really used it since about 2 years and now you guys stopped debiting the monthly payment from my credit card.

When calling my AT&T number I get a voice telling me that the number I just dialed is not a working number.

Was my number deactivated?

Was my payment plan cancelled with this deactivation?

Thanks in advance!

ACE - Sage

• 

104.3K Messages

3 months ago

Wait so you've been paying $50 a month over the past two years for service you're not using, and you're sad that AT&T stopped charging you?

Most people are happy not to pay for service that they're not using. If you were not connected and using the network, using a phone that's incompatible with the network, outside of the country and therefore unable to connect to the network, yes most likely AT&T canceled your account, your number is gone and they stop charging you.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.3K Messages

3 months ago

I have no idea why they stopped charging your credit card but that’s the reason your number was deactivated, not because of non use. More than likely a charge got denied for some reason, like for your card expiring, which makes that card unusable. Once you stop paying, your account is closed after 60 days.

Another possibility is the phone was used is no longer compatible with ATT’s network and needed to be replaced. ATT closed many prepaid accounts where phones needed to be replaced and were not. Notification of the requirement to replace phones was sent via text. 

(edited)

kevink

ACE - Scholar

• 

611 Messages

3 months ago

Could the credit card used have an old expiration date, so wasn't usable?  And if you weren't really using the phone that you missed text notices?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.