Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jun 2, 2018 8:32 PM

Closed

Paying even though I suspended my account?

I called on May 6th to suspend my account for six months till Nov 1st as I was going to be out of the country.   I got an email today (June 2nd saying that my account was short the amount of my monthly payment)  Perhaps they did not implement the suspension on the account as they were attempting to put payments through?   So I telephoned and confirmed it was indeed suspended on the nineth?   However, when I questioned further it seems that I had continued paying even after that date?   I was told that my monthly fee was already processed on May 3rd and since I called on May 6th I had to pay for the entire last month and it seemed that if money had been available that the payment this month would have gone through also?

Shouldn't the service and fees be frozen at the suspension date giving me a credit of those days for when I reactivated?    Will be paying only one month at a time from now on.. no more $100 cards leaving a balance for them to take even though I have no service.

good think ATT that phones are unlocked now and we can change companies whenever we want.  Crappy service.. then we have the option to shop around

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.2K Messages

2 years ago

Prepaid does not work that way, you can’t suspend your account. To stop service, you just don’t renew your plan, in other words turn off autopay. However, if your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after service expires, your account is closed. What you needed to do before you left was change to a pay per use plan and refill your account with $100 or leave autopay on and refill with $25 every 90 days. The $100 refill is good for a year, the $25 refill is good for 90 days and each auto-refill extends the expiration of the balance another 90 days. You then change back to your monthly plan when come back and your account balance is still there to use.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.5K Messages

2 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject, and a great solution!