Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
B

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 23rd, 2020 9:44 AM

Over payment by making a huge mistake changing plans

Look I accidently signed up for auto payment and was charged on my credit card then while making payment with pre paid card I noticed I had been charged and had 65 Ballance after adding prepaid card when I didn't need to so I tried going to 75 plan cause I thought I had the money already set with fifty dollar payment and noticed the reduced Ballance and tried going back to 50plan then noticed even more cash being spent on my phone off my card and prepaid card and still end up with hankey plan and all that money spent I'm not happy and want my money reembursed to my card "0387" emediatly and left at the 50 plan just how do we do this

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, don't do that.  You bought plans, then wasted it because you bought a different plan.  

Only postpaid prorates. 

What you did is equivalent to purchasing a soda out of a vending machine, then pouring out the contents and then purchasing another soda out of the vending machine and pouring out the contents again.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Sorry but that is the way prepaid works and always has. When you change your plan, the old plan terminates and you lose any remaining days. Prepaid also does not refund. As noted above, you basically threw your money away. If you call and explain what you did and that you didn’t understand, maybe they will offer a credit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.