Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
Quimax's profile
Quimax
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

16 Messages

Sat, Jan 16, 2021 1:06 PM

Order without a current US phone number

I've been living overseas for a couple years and no longer have a US phone number. As we're returning, I'm trying to order an AT&T SIM card/plan that will be shipped to a relative. Without a US contact number, how can I order? I'm assuming they don't want me to put in someone else's phone...

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

a month ago

Why not? If you are having it shipped to a relatively, it’s perfectly acceptable to use their number.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Quimax

• 

16 Messages

a month ago

...turns out it doesn't matter what phone number I use. I simply can't order online. A dozen tries later, every order gets cancelled with this message:

We couldn't verify this order (order number here) really came from you. For your security, we canceled it.

So...I guess I'll have to schedule an appointment at a store when I arrive.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

a month ago

You should probably plan on replacing your phone also. Unless your phone was made for North America it's not going to work here.   Things have changed.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Quimax

• 

16 Messages

a month ago

I think the phones should be fine. Wifey's phone is an AT&T phone from before we left in the first place.

Mine should work, by the specs anyways, as a global phone.

Get started...

Ask a new question