Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
Christan3010's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 12, 2022 11:38 AM

Only have 8gb of 16gb promotion showing up in account

Hi,

I just signed up for the $300 double data promotion but in my account it only shows 8gb of data remaining:

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

3 m مضت

This seems to be a common problem. If you signed up as a new customer as required, it should show 16 gigs.

Call 611 and talk to AT&T.

So far no one who has reported this problem has  posted a solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

3 m مضت

I’m still not convinced there is actually a problem but there is definitely a lack of answers from ATTHelp. It’s possible the 8GB bonus data does not kick in until the 8GB of regular plan data is used. That could be because of rollover data. Any unused data from the original 8GB would rollover but it’s possible the bonus 8GB does not rollover and you only get it after all plan and rollover data is used. Just a theory.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.3K Messages

3 m مضت

@sandblaster  i was thinking the same thing 

• 

4 Messages

3 m مضت

So I called 611 and was told that it is not really a different plan than the 8gb it just has bonus data. So on the our end it doesn’t show up. If/when I go over the standard 8gb it will be interesting to see how that is displayed. 

Probably it is like above where the bonus data doesn’t kick in until after standard and rollover data. I would also assume the bonus data doesn’t rollover so the most you could have would be 24gb, ie 8+8+8.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

3 m مضت

@Christan3010 I think you have it right. Despite all the people reporting their account not showing the bonus data, no one to my knowledge has reported using up their 8GB and data slowing. 

McCarthy79

• 

28 Messages

2 m مضت

@Christan3010,

@ANZ 

@RohanD95 

@moneyTalks1 

We all have the same problem.

My data stopped at 8gb(well it crawls now).

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

2 m مضت

Call at&t.  611 from your phone.  Yes, the que is long 

McCarthy79

• 

28 Messages

2 m مضت

What for?  I've already called, texted, chatted, and used this forum.  Pending resolution like the others on this forum, and probably countless others that we aren't aware of.  

• 

15 Messages

2 m مضت

Why does ATT need to be called when ATT Help and several others on this forum are explicitly and confidently stating that after the primary 8 GB is used, the bonus 8 GB kicks in? Do we have to get on our knees and beg ATT for the bonus 8 GB each month?

Also several here have mentioned the alleged 8 + 8 terms of this plan. Where are these mythical terms? The legal mumbo jumbo of the 16GB offer is below in its entirety. Where's the 8 + 8 stuff?

Price: $25/month when you prepay $300 for 12 months. Taxes and fees are extra.

Online offer. Available online and participating retail locations. Requires new activation. Service available for 360 days upon first payment of $300. Plan renews every 30 days for 12 renewal periods. The $300 advance payment is non-refundable in whole or in part. Next service payment due at 11:59 p.m. CT on the 360th day. Not eligible for AutoPay discount.

Talk: Includes unlimited calling within and between the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.

Messaging: Includes unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the U.S., Mexico, and Canada and from the U.S., to over 230 countries. See countries at att.com/prepaidintltext.

Data: Includes 16GB high speed data. After high-speed data is used, speeds are reduced to max of 128Kbps for the rest of 30-day term. International data roaming may be reduced to 2G speeds. See att.com/broadbandinfo for details on our network management policies. If 16GB data allowance is depleted, a Data Add-On for use in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada is available for an additional charge (3GB for $20, 1GB for $10) and is good for 30 days.

Mobile hotspot: Use is allowed.

Rollover Data®: Unused high-speed data from your plan rounds up to the nearest megabyte (MB) and carries over for one 30-day renewal when your plan renews on time. Unused Rollover Data automatically expires after one renewal period, or with any plan change (such as changing data amounts, cancellation, or balance expiration). Rollover Data is used after your monthly high-speed plan allowance or any Data Add-On.

Video Streaming: Includes Stream Saver which streams higher definition video in Standard Definition (max 1.5 Mbps) on compatible devices. Streaming/video resolution may vary, are affected by other factors and restrictions apply. Stream Saver will not recognize all video content and may affect the speed of video downloads. AT&T will activate this feature for you. Check your account online to see if the feature is active. To enjoy higher definition video when available, you can turn it off or back on at any time at att.com/myprepaid. If two or more tethered devices are watching video from the same source at the same time, we may identify it as a single video and slow the speeds collectively to a max of 1.5Mbps, which may impair your ability to watch video on these tethered devices. You can pause video on all but one of the tethered devices, watch video from different sources, or turn off Stream Saver to resolve the issue.

(edited)

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

2 m مضت

@Christan3010 You're over halfway now, have you used over 8GB yet?

Did it kick into the next bar with the 8 of 8 remaining listed?

Can you post us an image if it did give you 8GB more, please?

I think it would be really helpful to have a before and after for those having concerns.

Thank you!

• 

15 Messages

2 m مضت

OP's screenshot with two 8 GB bars looks great (getting the promotion)

I just have one single 8 GB bar.

• 

4 Messages

2 m مضت

@moneyTalks1  Right, I didn’t realize that the two bars were showing different things at first. I was focused on seeing 16gb somewhere. Since calling and confirming with ATT I have a message in my inbox:

McCarthy79

• 

28 Messages

2 m مضت

I see this alert on my account now, but still only have 8gb if data. Not certain if I'd call it resolved.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

2 m مضت

@McCarthy79 I see this alert on my account now, but still only have 8gb if data. Not certain if I'd call it resolved.

Which alert?

McCarthy79

• 

28 Messages

2 m مضت

@Gary L 

Sorry,

This one.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.