Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
O

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 3rd, 2020 10:03 PM

One actual text, but multiple texts charged to my prepaid account

After noticing that the money in my prepaid account was missing, I checked my account record details online to learn that multiple texts are being charged when I receive only one text.  The record indicates that I received as many as 5 texts from the same number at the same SECOND in time.  Yes, the day, hour, minute, and second are all identical on each text charged to my account and all from the same telephone number.  Of course, the log in my phone indicates that I only received 1 text at that time.  It happened all month last month, therefore, my 200 text add on was quickly depleted and AT&T took another $16.65 from my prepaid funds due to these errors.  I wouldn't call it double or triple or quadruple billing.  I would call it THEFT!  I have a printed copy of this record that can be easily attached to an email.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

This forum is not customer support. No one here has access to your account. You need to call.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Situation resolved with telephone technical support, not that I'm thrilled about the explanation.  The customer support telephone number tries to resolve your inquiry with automated options for eons before you actually find your way to hold for a representative.  I finally got through.  The representative was polite and explained to me that there is a 160 character limit to text messages.  After 160 characters, another text is recorded.  I counted and 160 is basically 5 lines.  Not much with everyone talking and Google typing these days.  Texts are getting longer and longer.  I will have to move up to the add-on of 1,000 texts for $9.99.  FYI in order for unused texts to roll over, automatic renewal must be selected.  In order to get automatic renewal, you must have automatic payments set up and the minimum there is $25 every 3 months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.