Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
S

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 4:07 PM

Number porting - how long does it take ? disconnected from old service and new sim is inactive still after a week !!!

I had requested for number porting from another service provider exactly a week ago and it still not active. AT&T promptly sent me a new sim card with no number activated in it. Also my existing service is disconnected. Now I have no phone service in my old service provider or in the new AT&T sim since it is yet to be activated. Very frustrating and no way to reach out them using their customer service number since my number is not active yet in at&t system.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.6K Messages

2 months ago

Depends on how and who you're porting from.  Number Barn says anywhere from a week to 30 days.  Straight Talk is notorious for taking a week.  

You might speed things up by going to a corporate store. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am porting it from Verizon. My service was disconnected 5 days ago.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.6K Messages

2 months ago

You never called At&t to complete port when you got the AT&T SIM card? 

Please do something proactive.   Corporate store. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question