Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

New Member


1 Message

Sun, May 24, 2020 5:14 AM

Need to suspend service, but MyAT&T access got denied

I am traveling outside the country for a couple of months, so I need to suspend or cancel my prepaid service on my unlimited account. But since I am using an international WiFi, I cannot access MyAT&T web page. What am I supposed to do?



ACE - Sage


76.4K Messages

a month ago

The only thing suspension does is stop your sim card from working it does not stop AT&T from Auto refilling your account

If you cannot log into your account and make these changes on your own you will have to call the number for prepaid Travelers and ask AT&T to do it for you.
There is no such thing as a vacation hold for prepaid. What you can do is switch your plan to a pay-per-use plan, and then refill with enough funds to extend your service. $25 extends the balance 90 days, and there is an additional 60 days grace after that with a $0 balance. If you refill again in 90 days with another $25 your total balance of $50 would still be in your account if you return to the United States.
If you do nothing, your account is closed and number lost if your balance is $0 for 60 days

If you do not need to save your number and just want to cancel, call your bank and ask them to replace your credit card or debit card. The new card will have different numbers in AT&T will not be able to refill. Your prepaid plan will self terminate without penalty in 60 days.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question