Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
Timrankin29's profile

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 1:20 PM

My iPhone 13 won't work with sim purchased online

Upon arriving at the airport yesterday the simcard worked, my partner attempted to use the sim in his phone as he had baseball tickets saved under his account on his phone, the sim didn't work, and now it won't work in the iPhone 13, what can I do, it's  not registering any form of service 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

5 months ago

If your partner’s phone is not compatible or not supported on ATT’s network, putting the SIM card into the phone likely suspended your service. You will need to call ATT to get the imei associated with your account set back to the iPhone and get service restored.

Rather than letting your partner use the SIM card, you could have let your partner connect to your phone hotspot.

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

Thankyou for your response,  considering I have no ability to call anyone im assuming I'll have to go In store to resolve this issue then, being 7 am I guess I'm going to have to wait till 10 am so resolve the issue. Hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted out. Thanks for providing me with the possible issue. Thankyou.

According to the website I purchased the sim from back in Australia the card does not work support hot spot... needed the service for data in America and Canada so we purchased the  North America at&t unlimited data sim

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62.2K Messages

5 months ago

Hotspot is based on the plan, not the sim. If the plan you bought is the $65 unlimited data plan, hotspot is available as an add-on. Most other prepaid plans include hotspot.

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

Paid 80 aud for it, so that could be the sim you're referring too.

Ill look into adding on the hot spot if they can get it up and running for me then as it will be very handy whilst travelling together.

Again

Thankyou for pointing Me in the right direction 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.