Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Feb 10, 2020 9:26 PM

Make a formal complaint with att customer service and the BBB

I would like to make a complaint about the customer service rep at att I talked with today. I purchased a phone at Christmas time because I saw an advertisement to get bonus data if purchased at walmart.I talked with Walmart rep and they said I had t ok call atg to find out why I havnt been receiving it.well the rep said I didnt qualify because my first phone was activated 2 months before the promotion started..so I said well then I want t ok activated the newest phone i just bought to get the promotion.she then said the promotion was expired.I said well why is att advertising it still on their website.she said its not.I said yes i just looked at it yesterday.and told her it was on att .com.she then tells me that not the website att uses. I have screen shots of the advertising and another ad saying the att official website..so i said well when did it end.she put me on hold for a while and came back and said last October 25.I said no way because the ad came after that.so i asked to speak with a supervisor. She immediately told me no she was busy.so I said then give her my number and have her call me .she outright denied me.saying no she wont call me back.its not a guarantee. What ever that ment. Well anyway.i want to have a formal complaint filed about service rep being untruthful with me and outright being denied to get put on hold for her supervisor and also for att.com for false advertising and not honoring the promotion that they are still to this second advertising on their official website.If I do not get a response. I shall file suit for false advertising and me being called a liar by her saying I did not see any advertising on att web site.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

2 months ago

Promotions are not open to interpretation, and can't be active retroactively as you suggesting.
In order to get the bonus data you had to purchase a new phone, open a new line, and activate the phone on the line.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. If you think you are filing a formal complaint here, you are not. ATT likely won’t even see your post, much less respond. If you want to file a complaint through the BBB, you need to contact the BBB. I don’t know what promotion you are talking about but getting bonus data for a phone bought from Walmart was a Walmart promotion, not ATT.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Yes I understand that. I was asking how and where I needed to go.and Att is advertising on the att.com official website. That if you purchase thier phone at Walmart you get 25 gigs of data a month on the 50 dollar plan. But thankyou anyway..
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

You had to activate the phone that you purchased during the promotion with the new line you couldn't just stick the old phone on the new line.
If you had activated the new phone with the new line during the promotional. As required you would have gotten the deal and then you could have moved your sim card to your old phone. But you didn't follow the requirements of the deal so you didn't get it.

There is no formal way of complaining through AT&T that's what a Better Business Bureau complaint is for.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…