Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Terryrus's profile

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 14th, 2022 1:08 PM

Made payment still showing balance due

I was set up for auto pay. But made a payment early for the full plan cost. I did not turn off auto pay there is still a balance on my plan what happen to the payment I made?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

1 year ago

That's not how your prepaid balance works. 

When you pay into your prepaid account, it adds funds to the balance.  Kind of like PayPal. 

So you add funds to your AT&T prepaid balance, and then when it's actually time to pay for service, money is drawn from your balance to pay for Service. If you have auto pay on and the balance is not sufficient to pay for service AT&T will draw money from your other method of payment.

If you are trying to renew service early, just adding money to your balance does not do that. 

Service will renew automatically every 30 days unless you do something to change that

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Does the plan you have get an autopay discount? If so, paying manually probably caused the autopay discount to be lost. Add enough to your account to cover the discount and your plan will likely renew.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.