Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
RJROEMER's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 18th, 2020 5:43 AM

KEEP PHONE NUMBER

We are currently on an ATT Mobile Share plan, and want to switch to an ATT Prepaid Plan. Can we bring our current number?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Yes. To move your number from postpaid to prepaid, you must go to an ATT corporate store.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you.  It says on the ATT website that the Annual Prepaid plan is only available “Online”? So, I assume there is an exception when switching over from an existing ATT plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

No, there are no exceptions. If you move be your line to prepaid at a corporate store, you won’t be able to get the 12 month plan. The only way for you to get that plan would be to port your number to another carrier, then port it back. You could even port it to Cricket which is still ATT.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

OK, are you sure ATT will allow me to Port the number in from Cricket after 30 days?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

Since I’ve never done it, I can’t be sure but I’ve never heard of anyone not being able to.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. I’ve been with ATT a long time, and my cell signal has declined over the past few years as they adjust their tower signals.  They do seem to have the best Annual Prepaid Plan, and will allow you to bring any phone that works on their GSM network.  Maybe I will try Verizon Aspire for a couple months, and then port back to ATT prepaid.  I didn’t see an option online to port in a number on the Annual Plan?  How would I accomplish that if I wanted to port in a number to the annual prepaid plan?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.