Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
5GB of Hotspot Data With an Unlimited Plan
K

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 7th, 2020 9:59 AM

Keep number for half an year

I left the US in Feb and may go back in Aug so I plan to keep my att number for half an year.

AFAIK I will lost my number without payment for more than 60 days from my last balance expeiration.

Does it mean that I need to pay $5 every 60 days to keep my number?

I have $2 Daily Plan, and paid $5 on Feb 8 and Apr 7 (today), respectively. I plan to plan $5 next time on June 6, and then Aug 5.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

3 years ago

A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days. I believe a $5 refill is good for 15 days which means you have 75 days until the account closes. I’m surprised it allows you to do $5 refills, I thought the minimum was $10. If you don’t want to lose any money, a $100 refill is good for a year. The $100 will still be there in August when you return.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

Just an FYI, anytime you refill before the balance expires, you extend the expiration date of the balance to match the refill. Since you can still access your account, there is no reason for you to keep losing money due to expiration. A $25 refill is good for 90 days. If you add $25 before your last $5 payment expires, the entire $30 would be good for another 90 days.

Award for Community Excellence 2022 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@sandblaster Thank you for your reply. You're right. I should keep the money even if I don't use them now. But I don't understand why you mention $25. Is it different from paying $5? By my experience, no matter how much I pay each 30 days, the balance will always remain in one month. So the amount of payment doesn't matter for keeping my att number.

FYI. Since I switch to the lowest fee plan, i.e. $2 daily plan, it seems that I can pay only $5 each month (am not sure tho). What's your att plan with $25 refill?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

No. The expiration date of a refill varies depending on the amount of the refill. A $10-$24 refill expires in 30 days, a $25-$99 refill expires in 90 days and a $100 or higher refill expires in a year. As I noted, I did not think a $5 refill was possible but apparently any refill less than $10 expires in 15 days. I don't know why you think you can only pay $5. You can refill with any amount you want.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@sandblaster I didn't think I could but it seems works because I've just refilled $5 dollar (minimum) today. FYI. My last refill is Feb 8, and my next expiration is May 7. Here is the screenshot.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

It would appear you get 30 days for a $5 refill too. Anyway, if you refill with $25, the expiration will be 90 days instead of 30.

spoom2

Expert

• 

17.9K Messages

3 years ago

I don't know if you're wanting to keep a home phone number or cell phone. In either case this is a user to user forum not AT&T support you'll have to call billing.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

63.9K Messages

@spoom2 They are talking about prepaid cellular. Post has been moved.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.