Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
rich050877's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jun 27, 2022 5:59 AM

iPhone features and unlock issues on prepaid

I'm a longtime AT&T prepaid user, going back to 2007. I purchased a new iPhone SE (the 2020 version) last December and am having a couple issues. The phone was activated on December 4, 2021 and the phone's IMEI was updated on my account on December 9 through the paygonline.com site.

Since I got the phone, I've been unable to use several iPhone specific features, which do not appear to be enabled on my account. These include Visual Voicemail, Facetime over Cellular and personal hotspot.

Also, the phone just met the 6 month requirement to unlock but I'm getting an error message from the AT&T Unlock Portal site saying "The information you have entered is incorrect. Please update and try again".

I've attached screenshots showing the error messages.

Can the forum support help resolve these issues or will I have to deal with phone support?

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

1 分钟前

What plan are you on?  

Did you ever contact AT&T? 

Are you able to use data for other services, like turn by turn directions? 

Visual voicemail is an iPhone feature, not a carrier feature. It does require you have a Cellular data connection.

You say you've been a longtime customer are you by any chance paying for the $25 a month unlimited talk and text plan it goes back at least 10 years? That plan did not include a data plan.

If you log into your account on the pay go online website with your 10-digit phone number it should show your plan, and profile information.  This may differ from what you entered online and order to unlock your phone.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.