Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
oliverjames23's profile

• 

4 Messages

Monday, October 31st, 2022 6:09 PM

Closed

International roaming with ATT WiFi calling

Dear all, I would like to know if I will be charged for incoming calls on ATT Wi-fi Calling while roaming internationally. 

I currently have an AT&T Prepaid Elite Unlimited plan and am traveling to Republic of Ireland. Due to the fact that I have not purchased any international day passes, I have put my phone on airplane mode. As a result of enabling Wi-Fi Calling, I can receive incoming calls on my cell phone. 

Please let me know if I will be charged for picking up these calls and talking to the other party. I would appreciate your advice. 

AT&T charges are outrageous, and I don't want to mess this up.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 year ago

There is no such thing as prepaid unlimited elite. 

Prepaid users have limited ability to roam internationally, and prepaid users cannot be charged but must prepay for all services including roaming or long distance calls. So if you are indeed prepaid you cannot possibly be charged for services

If you are postpaid, you should enroll in international day pass which limits International charges to $10 per day and only $100 per bill cycle. The charge of $10 per day is only charged on a day where you use service which is defined as making or receiving a phone call, sending a text message, or using data

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Regardless of whether you are actually prepaid or not, you won’t be charged for any calls received over WiFi calling.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.