Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
M

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Jan 20, 2021 8:53 AM

I need a help! ASAP!

Hello! The store sold me a locked phone (iPhone). How can I unlock it? I left for another country and I need help!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

a month ago

ATT only sells locked phones. To get any phone unlocked, use the unlock portal. 

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46.9K Messages

a month ago

AT&T guidelines won't allow us to unlock this device

That typically means the phone is not locked to ATT but rather it is locked to some MVNO that uses ATT’s network. If so, you must contact the carrier it is locked to to unlock. It could also mean the phone just doesn’t meet the unlock requirements. If it was a prepaid phone, the requirement is 6 months of prepaid usage.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Unfortunately, I am in another country and this page for unlocking phones does not work here! I'm already desperate!

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Then use a VPN.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Whats it mean???
Check your unlock status
Current status - Denied
  • Because of certain AT&T guidelines, we aren't able to unlock this device.

AT&T guidelines won't allow us to unlock this device.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

Nope! My phone is still locked. And support servise AT&T do not respond to my email inquiries!!!

Get started...

Ask a new question