Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
C

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 6:51 AM

I canceled my multi-line and changed to 25 cent minute plan, now I see a current balance, what does this mean???

Hi,

I stopped my autopay on June 5 after paid in full since I planned to cancel my multi-line and change to a minute plan.

However, after I canceled the multi-line today (July 4) and made the changes, I saw a $90 current balance on my account, and it said the expire date is Oct 5, 2020...what does this mean?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

a month ago

Your account balance is your account with AT&T that stores your refill $$  and deducts from  that refill every time you use service.

The expiration works like this:

$10 to $24 expires in 30 days. $25 to $99 expires in 90 days. A refill of $100 or more expires in 365 days.

Each time you used service you would receive a free message telling you how much all your balance you have used up.

In your case you're being told you're expiration is in October of 2020 which means you must have deposited somewhere between 25 and $99.  

If you use up all of your funds, or go past October without a refill your account would be closed in your number lost. If you go past your October refill date and still have a balance, you will lose that balance. You must make another refill before your balance is lost in order to roll it over.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@lizdance40 thanks for your explanation. I used to be a monthly plan user so I got used to seeing"payment due" when a new cycle starts...my biggest question is I have no idea why I had this balance on my account...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.4K Messages

a month ago

Just what or says. You have a $90 account balance and you have until Oct 5 to use it. Do you not know what an account balance is? Now, how or why it got there I don’t know. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@sandblaster I do know what that is...just don't know why I got this balance in my account since my last payment should have been used up by my last month's multi-line already.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.4K Messages

All I can think of is check your payment history. Maybe it will indicate how you got that. Is $90 the normal amount you paid for the multiline plan? One possibility is autopay did not actually get disabled and your account refilled in preparation for the multiline plan renewal but then you turned off multiline before it actually renewed.

• 

4 Messages

Yes, but after the autopay discount, it's normally around $75 after tax so I was expected to see a balance like that... I guess I should just wait a few days for the bill to show up on my bank account and see what's really going on.

Your guessing definitely makes more sense. Thanks a lot!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

Having more than you expected is never a problem, having less than you expected would be a problem. I say don't look a gift horse.  😁

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.1K Messages

There is no bill.  And your auto-pay will no longer be in effect because you are not on a monthly plan.

Get started...

Ask a new question