Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
Unlimited Data for $50/mo.
J

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 11:39 PM

I bought an add-on for $20 to add 3GB to one of my member lines, but the data speed has not increased

I have a daughter who is in quarantine. She is in a locale with no wifi, so she is having to use her phone. She has run out of data for the month, so I bought an add-on for $20 to add 3GB of data. However she has seen no change in her data availability. Please advise

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

2 y ago

Add ons must be bought from your daughter’s account, not the multiline owner’s account. Did you buy the add on from her account?

• 

3 Messages

She doesn’t have a separate account. She is a line under my wife’s account.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

Are you not talking about a prepaid multiline account? If so, all prepaid lines have their own account. The multiline account only pays for the monthly plan. The individual line accounts pay for any add ons. If you are talking about a postpaid account, what plan do you have? I’m not aware of any 3GB add on for postpaid.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Hmm, I am talking about a prepaid multiline account. How do you login to an individual account? I don't have a username or password for any other account.

Also, how would I request either a transfer of the add-on, or a refund so that I can rebuy it under my daughter's account (once I learn how to login to her account)?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

You login to any account the same way you log into your multiline account. You use her phone number as the user id. If you don’t know the password and need to reset it, the text will be sent to her phone. It is unlikely they will credit or refund for the add on you bought but you would need to call. Only customer support could do that.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.