Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Enjoy 16GB of high-speed data for $25/mo.
Drion001's profile

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 7, 2022 6:33 AM

I bought a prepaid gift card for a post paid account

I am a post paid AT&T customer. My bill was past due and I was days away from AT&T  suspending my service. I had about $40 in my back account and my past due balance was around $95. I try to think of a solution so I don’t have to go without a phone until the next time I get paid. I come up with a plan by using  Klarna (buy now pay later app) to buy an AT&T gift card to apply to my purchase. I google AT&T  gift card which brings me to Target.com with and electronic AT&T gift card. I purchase using Klarna with no issues. As I try to out in gift card number in payment information I realize I made a mistake and I had purchased an AT&T prepaid gift card. I try to return gift card to Target but there policy is e-gift cards are non refundable. I go to an AT&T store and they say ther is nothing they can do.

Now my question is this…z How can AT&T not be able to transfer that prepaid gift card to my account Amgen the money is all going to the same place … AT&T?

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

4 m مضت

You can't.  Prepaid refill cards cannot be applied to postpaid bill payments. I'm not sure what you thought you were doing but this was never a good idea.

And know the money is not going the same place. AT&T prepaid is treated like a separate subdivision as postpaid service.  Prepaid is also nonrefundable. 

• 

2 Messages

4 m مضت

Lol but it is the same company. I’m sure when the ceo gets paid he doesn’t ask whether is from the prepaid entity or post paid. It was a mistake thank you for absolutely no new information you must be an att employee. 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

4 m مضت

Oh for gosh sakes read my signature line below every one of my posts 🙄

And by all means call AT&T, as if having more than one person tell you you made a big mistake and you're not getting your money back isnt enough for you?

💸

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.